Please see information regarding the latest Welsh Government announcement about pupils returning to school:
The Minister for Education, Kirsty Williams, has announced today that the youngest learners in primary schools will return to school following the half-term break. A summary of arrangements are as follows:
• All Foundation Phase learners will return to school during the week beginning Monday 22nd February. There will be some local flexibility for schools, leading to a full return of this phase by Friday 26th February.
• Existing arrangements for Hub provision for vulnerable learners and critical workers in KS2 will continue after the half-term break.
• There are no plans for KS2 to return to school at the moment but this is under regular review.
• KS2 therefore will continue to receive home online blended learning until a further announcement is made when they can return to school.
• A note from the Chief Medical Officer’s office confirms that the return of Foundation Phase children is consistent with and supported by the current available medical evidence.
• Public Health Wales have made specific recommendations around strengthening key infection prevention and control measures in schools. Further operational guidance and clarity on these matters are expected shortly.
Further information will follow in due course.
Thank you for your continued support,